Get Bit! - Board Game Box Shot

Get Bit!

| Published: 2007
152 15 6

"You don't have to be faster than the shark, just faster than your friends!"

Get Bit! is a card game where players are competing to stay alive as the others are being eaten by the shark.

The order of the swimmers is determined by simultaneously playing cards face-down then revealing the values. The number on each player's card determines position in line (higher numbers in front, lower numbers in back), however ties don't move. The swimmer at the back loses a limb to the shark and is flung to the front of the line! The process is repeated until only two swimmers remain on the table. When this happens, the swimmer at the front of the line wins the game!

caption © Mayday Games

User Reviews (3)

Filter by: Order by:
Greater Than Games fan
28 of 33 gamers found this helpful
“Great Game for kids”

Get Bit is an easy game to learn. You are swimming in shark infested waters and someone is going to get bit. Actually, in the games I have played no one ends up with all their limbs intact but that does not mean that this is not a lot of fun to play.

First off, the components are really nice. From the players lego-like pieces with removable limbs and head to the shark with a movable jaw. It is pretty easy to right away to get the whole idea of the game into your mind, so it is quite thematic. You and your fellow “swimmers” are trying to escape being bit by the shark, but every turn someone will get bit. Each player has a set of cards in their players color that are numbered one through seven. Each player places one card face down and then the cards are revealed and this will determine the chomping order of the of your player pieces. This is also where it gets tricky. If there are any ties, those player’s pieces do not move this round. Otherwise, everyone moves to the front of the time starting from the lowest numbered card to the highest. The person at the end of the line after all movements have been made loses a limb. Play continues like this until there is only two swimmers left and the one in front wins.

The game play is pretty simple but kids will love it and adults will also enjoy this one as well. I gave it a 7 but it was more a 6.5 but that is not an option.

Gamer - Level 6
The Big Cheese 2012
Amateur Advisor
Football Fan
30 of 36 gamers found this helpful
“A Fantastic Game for Kids, Good for Adults too”

After seeing Get Bit! on Table Top *Will Wheatons Youtube Series*, I knew this was just the game i was looking for to help my children i teach with numbers. The children i work with are age 3-5 and while they cant play with the pieces included with the game, they love Get Bit! The premise of get bit is simple, stay away from the back of the line and the shark by not having the lowest number played. Every player is dealt seven cards, the cards have the numbers 1-7 on them and are different colors *The players color*, the players then take turns laying down one of their cards facedown and then all revealing at the same time. The player with the lowest number moves to the back of the line, however their is an element of strategy, because if players tie than neither player moves at all. This thus means that even if you played a 1, you still move in front of the players who tied. Than whoever is at the back of the line Gets Bit! *By the included toy shark which looks straight out of a childs lego box* and loses an arm or a leg off of their pawn. The pawns are very neat and are little robots with removable body parts, They are very fun to tinker with and look great. Once all players have played six of their cards and only have 1 in their hand, the cards are resorted out and given back to the players for another round. Once, a player loses both his/her arms and legs they are out of the game. If that means only two players remain in the game then the player in the front of the line automaticaly wins.
Overall, I love get bit, the pieces are appealing, the cards are sturdy and have fun pictures on them, and the game is fun and funndamentaly sound. The children i work with adore the game and request it constantly, and the adult group i play with enjoy it as a nice little time filler. Get Bit!: Get a copy!

I play blue
Book Lover
Intermediate Reviewer
Smash Up: Ninja Faction Fan
16 of 20 gamers found this helpful
“Great to play between games, a few rounds at a time”

I first saw Get Bit! played by Wil Wheaton on his Geek & Sundry podcast TableTop, and thought it looked fun. This past week I had a chance to play it with some friends at our friendly neighborhood game store, and I was proven right!

The snap-together robots are sturdy, awesome, playful components, the cards are simply and artfully designed, and the game’s overall swim-or-“get-bit!” concept is simple enough for most kids to understand and enjoy. We’re really excited to get this for our nephews!

What I Love
I love that this game can be as luck-driven or as strategic as a player is able to make it. I am not a strategic player, so I just have fun with the basic strategy (lay small numbers the first round, and progressively larger cards each turn) and the ensuing mayhem. I love the nonsense of a Lego shark chomping off bits of robots.

Why I Only Give it a 9
This game is nearly perfect as it is, but I’ve had enough after a game or two. It’s great as a filler between games, while someone is putting away a complicated game and getting the next one set up. This is how Wil Wheaton presented Get Bit! in TableTop, and I think that’s right. However, I’m sure this will quickly become the new Uno for my nephews, and I will quickly have to eat my words. Or my robot.

Add a Review for "Get Bit!"

You must be to add a review.

× Visit Your Profile