Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition - Board Game Box Shot

Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition

33 5 2

It’s spring 1942, and the world is at war. Five major powers struggle for supremacy: Germany and Japan are aligned against the great alliance of the United Kingdom, the Soviet Union, and the United States.

Designed for 2–5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion. Controlling one of the Axis or Allied powers, players will command both their country’s military forces and its war-time economy, with the chance to plan attacks, marshal forces into embattled territories, and resolve conflicts. Victory will go to the side that conquers its opponents on the field of battle and liberates or occupies the greatest cities of the world. Change the course of history in a few short hours!

New to the Second Edition
This game builds upon the success of the first edition of 1942 and makes several improvements for an even more enjoyable multi-player game.

Expanded Game Board
The game board has been expanded to 40” x 26” in order to facilitate an enhanced play experience.

New Miniature Sculpts
There are 5 new sculpts in the game including UK artillery, submarine & destroyer units; German artillery; and a Russian submarine. There’s even an all-new combat unit: the Antiaircraft Artillery!

User Reviews (1)

Filter by: Order by:
Player Avatar
Tide of Iron fan
2 of 8 gamers found this helpful
“World at War in a boardgame!”

I remember playing the original A&A so, while at a convention I saw a chance to own this version, I went for it! I like it a lot, love the new sculpts and how they reflect each countries actual units. (The German tanks look like Tigers). It is a little complicated as boardgames go, but not really more than the original. The submarine rules are a little different than the original. I wish they would have kept the paper money instead of using the token to show how many IPC’s each nation has. I thought this game was totally worth it, and I would recommend printing out the nations cards found on their website!

Add a Review for "Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition"

You must be to add a review.

× Visit Your Profile