Love Letter: Kanai Factory Edition - Board Game Box Shot

Love Letter: Kanai Factory Edition

| Published: 2013

Once upon a time, there was a kingdom in which lived a beautiful princess. She was a sweet soul, kind to all and was thus loved by the whole of the kingdom. Several young men had fallen helplessly in love with the princess, but unable to enter the castle, all they could do was send her letters of their affection. However, to their dismay, they found that letters from just anyone would not reach the princess. So the young would-be suitors set themselves on finding allies among the castle’s servants, so that they might deliver their letter to the princess personally.

Love Letter has become a worldwide hit with its simple yet deep gameplay. With only 16 cards, it contains hours of fun for everyone as you attempt to win the heart of the beautiful princess, while preventing your challengers from doing the same!

Love Letter Kanai Factory Edition is based on the same rules and cards as the Love Letter Tempest Edition but features the charming art and graphics from the original game first published in Japan. The Kanai Factory Edition is a limited release by AEG and will only be available while supplies last!

Love Letter: Kanai Factory Limited Edition components

Smash Up: Dinosaur Faction Fan
Knight-errant
Tomahawk
26 of 29 gamers found this helpful
“Beautiful in its simplicity and brilliant in its play-ability ”

What can I say about Love Letter. It’s amazing. The game is played in quick rounds. You draw a card and “discard a card.” The discard phase equates to playing a cards special abilities. Each card has an ability such as “look at target players hand,” (a players hand is one card). Your goal is to gain influence (highest point value of card) and get your letter to the Princess (the Princess is a card, she happens to have the highest value). You play until their are no more cards to draw (16 card deck) or everyone else has been knocked out (different cards have abilities to knock out other players). The game is quick and wonderful.

Pros
Quick
Some basic strategy and gamesmanship
Not cutthroat (can be a little if you want)

Cons
Some may want a bit more strategy (Try Coup)
None that I can think of.

This game can be a light in-between games game or you can really make a night of it playing it a few times.

Player Avatar
I Am What I Am

41 of 47 gamers found this helpful
“One of the Best Filler Games. Period”

Do you only have a couple of minutes to play a board game?
Play this game, you can play 5 rounds in less than 20 minutes.
Do you not have enough room to bring your favorite, yet gigantic, board game?
Stuff this game in your pocket, it’ll probably fit (unless you have tiny pockets.)

I’m not going to explain the rules, as you can learn them online, or even simply reading the instructions. But this is a great game, with a great mixture of luck, strategy, and bluffing. (You WILL have unlucky turns, but thankfully the rounds are so quick that it doesn’t really matter.)

I’m not in love with the theme, which is why I rated the components four stars. However, I LOVE the box, and the quality of the cards and the cubes. Ah, and if at all possible, buy some small wooden hearts to replace the cubes. The cubes are useful, but not at all thematically coherent.

I really can’t recommend this game enough!

Add a Review for "Love Letter: Kanai Factory Edition"

You must be to add a review.

× Visit Your Profile