Kemet - Board Game Box Shot

Kemet

| Published: 2013
67 36 5

In Kemet, players each represent an Egyptian tribe and will use the mystical powers of the gods of ancient Egypt – along with their powerful armies – to score points in glorious battles or through invasion of rich territories.

The conquest for the land of Kemet takes place over two phases: Day and Night. During the day, choose an action amongst the nine possible choices provided by your player mat and perform it immediately. Once every player has taken five actions, night falls, with players gathering Prayer Points from their temples, drawing Divine Intervention cards, and determining the turn order before the start of the new day.

As the game progresses, they can use Prayer Points to enroll magical creatures and have them join their troops. In addition to intimidating enemies, these creatures provide special powers!

User Reviews (2)

Filter by: Order by:
Player Avatar
My First Heart
6 of 9 gamers found this helpful
“Fun ancient warfare game!”

This game was a lot of fun!

There were only a couple of ways to get victory points, so you do have to play a bit aggressively.

It’s your call entirely to the magic/abilities you ascribe to. Any/all combinations could get you the victory. It’s replay is pretty good with the various abilities to purchase in game, but they are one shot purchases so you do need to flesh out a strategy.

—————————————————————–

Pro’s -
Easy setup.
Easy to learn.
Again, iconography and artwork will answer most question at a glance after your first play thru.
Abilities are interesting and provide for more ‘Let’s try this’ on the next play thru.
Moderate time to play, leaving room for a second.
—————————————————————-

Con’s –
The races don’t really have unique abilities, though they went thru the cost of creating unique race cards. I guess better than nothing though as the artwork was pretty good.

—————————————————————-

Overall, a fun game with some good artwork.

Player Avatar
2 of 10 gamers found this helpful
“Egyptian Themed Battle Board Game!”

I watched videos of this game and read lots of reviews on Kemet before I even played it the first time. After playing it once I knew I wanted to own this game. Your Egyptian army is battling for temples using resources that you purchase on your turn. Sometimes the rights combos make a world of difference, but then how risky will you be when you attack and try to hold a temple. The various creatures that you can purchase stay with you for the rest of the game and assist you with battles. There’s even a mechanic in the game that helps the player that’s in last place. Really really love this game. The only negative I would have to say about the game is that it can be a long time between turns unless you’re getting attacked, but that does give you time to strategize your upcoming turn. The game pieces are good quality and the creatures look excellent.

Add a Review for "Kemet"

You must be to add a review.

× Visit Your Profile